Monday, August 2, 2021

August 2021

 Somehow I managed to miss the last 5 months of blogging. It's not that I didn't have the time. You know how they say...busy people get more done?  Well, non busy people, get lazier I guess. 

It seems like we're just getting back to a closer to normal life and now we could be taking a giant step backwards with the huge increase in covid cases.

The world of quilting is trying to get a fresh start. Show promoters are claiming the crowds are back and business is good. Have any of you attended and what are your feelings?

Our first show, if they don't cancel, will be Fiber Fusion NW here in Monroe, Wa October 16-17. They are waiting for the county's final decision. I hope they don't cancel as I made this special WOOL project for them. It might just be a sign for the booth but I'll probably make a few patterns also. It's mostly wool and mostly hand sewn. But the background is cotton and I machine blanket stitched around the outside. 

Then we'll be at Rusty Barn (also known as Quilt, Craft & Sew) at Puyallup Fairgrounds Nov 18-20.

One last thing. Next summer, 2022, I will be selling the Quilted Trillium. As I get older, things get heavier and it takes longer to set up and take down the booth. I am working with consultants to determine the value of my business and hope that someone out there is ready to take over this fun and profitable venture. I will be mentioning the sale in every newsletter to find the right buyer. If it could be you, please email me.

Robin and I hope you are all doing well and and look forward to seeing you soon.  Take care and keep stitchin,  

Dee and Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment

October 2021